Monday, August 18, 2014

Dig Within: Letters


Today we are going to do something different because I feel like for my personal journey this is necessary. 
Today, Tomorrow, and the day after we are going to write three letters.
A letter to our past, present, and future selves.



Dear Past Me,

I have abused you, taken advantage of, and just not listened. You always told me when I had enough to eat and I choose to keep going. You always told me there were options and hurting myself wasn't one of them but I ignored you. I know I never felt good enough but I am feeling it now. I want you to know that I realize now that I don't to have please everyone to please myself. I am now craving structure and control. I couldn't do without you, my past. You taught me all about boys, drama, and my body takes it. I realize now where I should have walked away but couldn't. Thank you Past for teaching me what I never want to relive again.

Sincerely,
Present Me

1 comment:

  1. Sad but wonderful words to live by from here out.

    ReplyDelete