Thursday, August 28, 2014

Happy For The Hubs

I am so proud of my hubs! I came across an opening for a company he had held a temporary position for and they called him in to come back to work.

This is huge news for our family. It means I can finally start to get hopeful about the future.

I realized today that my concerns of diabetes are coming to life. I used to watch my Appah (grandfather) when he went into reaction. He'd get really tired, light headed, irritable, and all around sick.

I have been feeling some of those symptoms lately and it finally clicked today. Low and behold a few bites of chocolate pudding and I felt much better. I am so happy to be losing the weight and hopefully ridding myself of this problem before it becomes a realization. I have already warned hubs if it comes down to insulin shots, he'll have to do it for me because I am way too chicken to stab myself.

I go to the doctor on Tuesday. Due to the high stress levels I have been under we are increasing the dosage on my Anxiety and Depression medication. I am going to give the Depo-Vera shot a chance and see if it works better than trying to remember a pill. I will also be consulting about my weight loss and the pounds lost.

In January I was weighing in at 223. I am now at 212.4. That is a total loss of 10.6 lbs. Most of that comes from all the walking I was doing to get to work. Now I am doing some fitness challenges, Zumba, and walking. My renewed hobby has been reopening my review team and starting that journey up again.

We are starting over on potty training Ally now that things have finally began to settle. Before the move we had her almost completely trained. In two days she has only had 3 accidents. She didn't pee in her panties at all today and I am super proud of my princess.

She was cracking me up today because she'd crawl up in front of me and grab my face saying, "My baby! My baby!" Then proceed to give me a bunch of kisses. I love this girl more than anything and no one will ever replace her. She is her own lady to say the least.

All in all things are looking up. I am no longer letting the outside elements of everyday life affect what I post, do, or enjoy throughout the day. I am finally learning that only I can make myself happy and no matter what the final outcome may be I will know I have done everything possible to make myself and my family happy.

I am learning to listen to Daddy rather than snap at him. Sometimes things aren't always as they seem and things between Daddy and I have drastically improved. I am so happy that we seem to be on smoother turf but I am taking that with a grain of salt because life has a funny way of swinging in the opposite direction.


Ally and I love you Daddy and hope today isn't too rough!

Luckily it won't be too much on his back and I am thankful because he has had major problems.

As I said, this is just the beginning for us.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats to your hubby and wishing him (and you guys) well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right it is just the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to him!

    Also, it might be worth considering a Mirena IUD. My sister is an OB/GYN and has seen many, many patients struggle emotionally on the Depo shot. I'm sorry if you feel I'm overstepping. I have depression and anxiety too. I love my Mirena, and it doesn't give me any PMS-y hormonal stuff.

    ReplyDelete