Sunday, September 7, 2014

Day One: Your Relationship

I met my husband when I was 13 years old. We met through an ex of his that was one of my best friends at the time. We had started out just by texting because I was too nervous to call. I remember we finally did talk on the phone it was all nighters. We never ran out of things of to talk about. He helped me through some of my darkest times and I grew to depend on him.

We weren't perfect by any means and we still aren't. We had times where we broke up, fought, argued but in the end we were closer than anything.

On October 17th, 2010 we began to commit to another in it for the long haul. We found a renewed strength as we put our doubts aside. I met him for the first time in person for my 18th birthday. He spent the weekend with me at my grandmother's house. I knew in that weekend that beyond a shadow of a doubt that we were solid. He proposed to me the following Thanksgiving. I spent the weekend here and met his family. I knew this is where I wanted to be. I didn't want to be anywhere but with him.

I was nervous but we agreed that I would be moving in after graduation to begin our life together. Up until this point we were convinced that I couldn't have children. It was heartbreaking news but we had already prepared for it. Low and behold my first night home with him, we had conceived our daughter.

It took two months for me to realize that I was pregnant and even then I didn't know I was. My Mother In-Law came in a tossed a pregnancy at me. The test came back immediately positive. Boy, we were scared. We immediately went to confirm and start up healthcare for our bundle to be.

The pregnancy was high risk as we started with twins but lost one early on. We had both been rooting for a boy but were happy still when we found about Allisun. On January 13th, 2012 we were married. It wasn't the wedding we planned but it at least sealed us a couple.

We went in for our last check-up and decided to induce labor a week early because Allisun had no intention of leaving anytime soon. I had the bug, the your so close but so far and ready to meet your beautiful bundle of joy.

We went in at 8 o'clock on Wednesday February 22, 2012 to induce labor. My contractions started coming way too close together so we had to figure out the next best option to slow
it down. By around 2:30 I still wasn't dilated enough and my contractions were stronger. Allisun was in distress and we couldn't get her to go head down. I broke out into a fever and began throwing up. It was time for a emergency cesarean section. I cried and begged to wait a little bit longer. It wouldn't have been safe for Ally to wait. The umbilical cord was completely wrapped around her neck and I lost two liters of blood.

At 3:38 PM, after 19 hours of labor Allisun Marie Price was born. She was 6 lbs, 7 oz and 21 1/2 in long. She was the most beautiful person I had ever seen and it was the first time I have ever seen my husband cry. Our daughter has helped us to survive and remember what we are fighting for.

It was a rough recovery but we pushed through. I ended up moving in with my family in Fort Worth for both of our sake. By June, we were living in our own place. We had rough patches but we could successfully say we did it by ourselves.

Now here is where things for me started to crumble. My job changed hours, my husband lost his. In October of 2012, I moved back in with my in-laws and my husband. Since then it has been a love/hate relationship. Due to recent health findings and my husband's life now in danger we are actually solid. I can successfully lean on him fully knowing that things are over and done with.

Here we are almost three years later surviving and hapy. Our lives have been through the ringer and haven't been easy at all. We are surviving a torrid affair, mistakes on both parts, and being the best parents possible for our daughter.

I now have a beautiful step-child on the way, Izzy Marie. I am excited to meet her in late January. I am working on improving my relationship with her mother as things are rocky. I have kept myself out of things as much as possible lately and bit my tongue more times than not. I am hoping that things will calm down enough that I will be able to meet Izzy but we sha'll see what the coming months brings.

As of now, my husband and I will be celebrating 3 years of marriage on January 13th 2015. Our daughter will be turning 3 in February. Going into year 4 I hope to improve myself as a wife and show my husband that all he needs is our family. We have been strong and survived so much. We are hoping for positive results at the doctors and praying that this hasn't turned into cancer. I am clinging to my husband nightly trying not to dwell on the test results. The lack of remorse has upset me greatly and I hope that he is okay. I really hope that we have caught this in time so it doesn't harm him.


No comments:

Post a Comment