Monday, October 20, 2014

Who's Your Hero?

My hero would have to be my young daughter, Ally. She has shown me the humility required to deal with the real world. She teaches me kindness in a world of darkness. Recently, there was someone on a blog trying to threaten to take my daughter from me and it reminded how precious life is. This person is soon to be a mother herself and I couldn't fathom how a future mother could be so vindictive. She will see how heartbreaking motherhood can be. The first cries, the late nights, nightmares, mornings on the couch, early feedings. It’s all a part of the process to make us stronger. My daughter has shown me that I am strong. I didn't expect to be a mother and a wife in the same year but it happened and I am thankful. I have spent too much time letting people try to hurt my family and it won’t happen any longer. I have security in knowing that my family is just that, mine. Ally is a sweet soul and very smart for such a young age. She recently received her first fishing pole and adores it. She takes care of me when I am not feeling well and she pushes me to remain strong. My favorite moments would have to be when I finally am able to rest, she curls up against me. The soft snores are the best way to fall asleep. Ally has shown me that even though people have tried their best to break me, I am strong. She can be a mess at times and stubborn like her Daddy but she is a sweetheart at the core. She is intuitive and it makes me proud to know that soon she’ll be showing off at school. She’s my hero. 


2 comments:

  1. Hi, Larissa,

    Thanks so much for signing up and participating. Regrettably, we have had to move the date to November 3 because of the fact that there are two other blogfests on today.

    Feel free to repost this on November 3. Your daughter sounds like a real trooper and it is true that our children force us to gather strength and move forward when we think we can't go on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter sounds precious...treasure her!
    Thank you for participating in the Hero Blogfest!

    ReplyDelete