My job has been going awesome, I'm finally back into a position I wanted to be in and I love it. It's fast paced and it makes my day go by plus I get to talk to people and meet them as well. I proved to Daddy that I am the bigger person because K tried to throw one of her famous fits about me being in her car so I could make sure I wasn't late to work today and demanded to be in the car saying it was because of her family in town but then sends another text asking him to come over. I told Daddy that if she ever needed a ride and we had a car she was more than welcome to be in ours without me because I trust him and don't need to throw a tantrum and demand to be in the car with them.
Yesterday Ally was an absolute doll. she was extremely well behaved and I think she just needed a break from all the drama queen's of the house. It was just us gals as Daddy was in bed for the majority of the day. She cleaned up her dishes, picked up after herself, used her manners, and was overall a sweetheart. These moments are rare for Ally as she is usually in her terrible twos but I still love her. I am learning patience and that sometimes she just needs mommy. She is my sunshine and I thank her everyday for being my miracle because without her I'd feel empty.
So in case anyone wondered, there are no positive mother in-law quotes around. It's virtually impossible to find one that portrays the message I was trying to send and she will totally get a laugh out of this after the night we've had together. Yesterday, we got the chance to sit down and really talk things out. I am still learning how to meld into her home and still be the wife and mother I need to be within my unit. We cleared the air yesterday and spent some time just cross stitching, drinking coffee, and chatting. It's something we've needed because of the turmoil that has been brewing. We talked about doing it more often like we used to. I plan to help keep her spirits as Dad has found out that he is leaving to go out of town for two weeks and it may end up being a permanent location change again. Mom didn't handle San Angelo well and I worry that she may sink back into that dark place while Dad is gone again so I hope Ally and I are able to keep her looking up.
As all of my followers know that read and follow my journey they know that things between Daddy and I have been rough to say the least. Well thankfully we both had that "aha" moment and it helps that K is being jealous and assuming things. The furnace in our house has died sadly and thankfully we found out the problem today. It's fixable but expensive. Last night Daddy and I cuddled on the couch and watched Let's Be Cops. He randomly scratched my head which is something he hasn't done in a long time. There was nothing sexual about it, just Daddy being loving in his own way. He hasn't hardly seen K at all and part of that is my long hours and her working as well so that's putting much needed distance. He's close to just saying fuck it and ending it with her because she can't mind her own business. I respect Daddy and know he plays games so there's no need to snoop through his shit which I have access to but don't visit because I trust him. This also affirms I am the one he is with him because I know his passwords. Our relationship has been strong lately and the husband I had when we lived on our own is slowly resurfacing. This job has opened up a world of hope for us and I cannot wait to see where it will take our family as we work towards moving forward. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment